What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we've been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven—and the future starts now! God is keeping careful watch over us and the future. The Day is coming when you'll have it all—life healed and whole. (I Peter 1:3-5 The Message)

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Where does the time go?

Here it is - a year later.  And, again, I am sitting in my daughter-in-law's kitchen trying to remember what she taught me last year about how to blog.  I couldn't even remember my password, and I used the wrong e-mail address at first.  Did I mention that I'm a year older - and maybe not much smarter? 
So much has happened since I last "blogged."  (Is that a word?) 
I'm still at Deltona Christian Church as Minister of Worship and Music.  We did a Christmas musical and special music during Lent, Holy Week, and Easter.  The choir sings every Sunday, except in July and the first part of August.
I retired last year from my position as Church Secretary, but re-upped the first of October.  They hadn't found anyone while I was on "sabbatical," and were gracious enough to hire me again.  I've also begun to learn how to create and update the church's website (deltonachristianchurch.org). 
Our church was given the gift of a Yamaha Clavinova in December 2009.  I am still learning to use all the attributes of this fabulous instrument.  It has made life much simpler as choir director/accompanist.  I can pre-record all the music and actually direct the choir with my hands, not my head!
We recently learned that we will be great grandparents around April next year.  Laura and David's daughter, Amanda, is expecting her first child.  Sarah, their younger daughter, lives with her soldier husband in Texas.  Steven, their son, is 17, 6'4" and still growing.
Sam and Norman are still in Florida.
I have made new friends and renewed acquaintances with old friends through the Facebook/Internet connections.  This social networking thing is awesome. I just need to make better use of the technological advances in communication. 
However, I don't wish to just "blog."  What does that mean anyway?  Blab, and log what you blab?  Maybe I can find a way to use this to advantage in enhancing my ministerial goals.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You posted! It's always nice to come and read what's been going on in your life.

    WAIT A MINUTE......I'm going to be a grandma? I had to find out about it on your blog? ROFLOL! Just kidding!

    I'm glad that you guys were able to come for a visit. It's always great to see you both.

    I hope you enjoy your visit with us!

    Love you~
    Your favorite daughter-in-law
    :> )

    ReplyDelete